SATURDAY, DECEMBER 6 — ROQUE DE LOS MUCHACHOS OBSERVATORY TOUR: 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Private bus transfer to San Roque de los Muchachos Observatory (1 hour 30 min) (box lunch on the bus)
- Visit the observatory with our scientific guide (1 hour tour)
- Transfer to a lookout on Caldera de Taburiente National Park (above) and enjoy views (10 min)
- Visit views of Caldera de Taburiente with our local guide (1 hour tour)
- Transfer back to the pier (1 hour 30 min)
If weather is bad, we’ll visit the Roque de los Muchachos Observatory’s headquarters — the Centro de Astrofísica en La Palma (CALP). The CALP also houses the offices of the Gran Telescopio CANARIAS and the Magic Collaboration, as well as the LaPalma supercomputer, one of seven nodes of the Spanish Supercomputing Network.